Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

....helping



Will be in the road to a very special place this weekend. My hometown area was hit by one of the tornadoes on April 27. I shot and videotaped the monster as it leveled parts of Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. The super cell would eventually drop one destroying my dads church and taking the lives of two relatives before moving on into Georgia. I drove the 330 miles two weeks later to volunteer my time, truck and trailer to haul donated goods and assist with families needing supplies. Now almost 3 months later I return to First Baptist Church of Williams, near Jacksonville Alabama again to offer free portraits to the families that lost theirs in the storms. I haven't been the same since that day in April. Even after 24 years of chasing and also being an EMT, I wasn't prepared to see what I saw. This is a way to heal for me and help my people in my home state.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger